I’ll be honest, I make boring salads. Tasty salads, but boring. I’ve got myself into a bit of a rut with buying the same vegetables that can easily be chopped up and thrown together to resemble a salad, not much thought required. The cafe at my work however, rustle up some pretty awesome salads such as the lentil salad with quinoa, lentils, roasted shallots, pine nuts, feta cheese, tomatoes and rocket. Awesome, I tell you.
It inspired me to seek out more interesting summer salad recipes to get myself out of my rut. Although summer seems to be almost over here in England, I’m not quite ready to exchange my plate of spinach for a bowl of chilli just yet. On my quest for inspiration I’ve found some pretty great summer salad recipes so I’ve decided to share them with you today. Sharing is caring so if you know of any yummy salads share them in the comments below. I hope you enjoy these recipes!
1. Quinoa, Apricot and Arugula (Rocket) Salad by Love and Lemons
2. Paleo Power Salad with Lemon Chia Vinaigrette Dressing by Slim Sanity
3. Mexican Grilled Chicken Quinoa Salad by The Diva Dish
4. Watermelon, Cucumber & Mint Salad by Joyous Health
5. Halloumi, Lentil, Kale and Mint Salad by Wholeheartedly Healthy
8. Strawberry Salad with Grilled Nectarines, Grilled Chicken by Food Faith Fitness
9. Chopped Asian Salad with Peanut Dressing by As Easy As Pie
10. Sweet Potato and Pomegranate Salad by Love and Lemons
13. Greek Salad by Damn Delicious
14. Tabouleh by No Recipes
15. Grilled Chicken Shawarma Salad by Feasting at Home
16. Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing by Gimme Some Oven
17. Spinach and Smoked Salmon Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing by Food and Wine
18. Zucchini (Courgette) Ribbon Salad by Proud Italian Cook
19. Lemon Pepper Steak Salad by Magnolia Days
20. Caribbean Jerk Salmon, Curried Pineapple and Goats Cheese Salad by Half Baked Harvest
21. Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Salad with Roasted Asparagus by Pinch of Yum
(Roasted asparagus isn’t Summery, but chicken, bacon and avocado are my fave combo)
Related: Healthy Foods Grocery List + FREE Printable
Let me know what salad recipes you’ve found, created, tried and enjoyed in the comments below. What makes a good salad in your opinion?